Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Reference Code: HR-IFS-MDE
Posting Date: 13.07.2020
Closing Date: 13.09.2020
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
- Sc. and/or M.Sc. in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Aerospace Engineering or related engineering departments.
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical design of electro-mechanical packaging, electronics or computer chassis design, vibration and thermal management of electronics; preferably flight critical control systems.
- Knowledge and experience in ruggedization of electronic subsystems, MIL-STD-810 qualification, and familiarity with electronics and mechanical form factors such as VITA.
- Extensive experience with CAD tools such as CATIA V5 or similar tools.
- Extensive experience with CAE tools such as Nastran or similar tools for thermal, vibration, shock, flow simulations.
- Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing to ASME Y14.5.
- Proficiency in English (written & spoken).
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment
- No military obligation.
- Positive personality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering approach in designing complex systems.
- Working knowledge on airworthiness regulations (either FAA or EASA).
This position will support the design, development, and industrialization of electronics packaging solutions of electronics enclosures and/or Circuit Card Assemblies for commercial and military aircraft applications. The chosen candidate will interact within a team of multi-disciplined engineers to design, layout, and document electronics assemblies. Activities will include material selection, part modelling, thermal/mechanical analysis, and process optimization. The candidate will interface with engineering teams, test and production operations on electronics packaging issues.
- Analyse and allocate mechanical requirements to design of the equipment, prepare means of compliance according to system engineering plans.
- Perform materials and standard item selection, parts and assembly modelling of enclosures from conceptual to detailed design phases, utilizing CAD tools.
- Design and analyse the product to withstand the thermal, vibration and other environmental conditions utilizing guidelines, handbooks, best practices, hand calculations and CAE tools.
- Plan and conduct testing, analyse and document test results with technical reports including conclusions for predicted vs actual results.
- Evaluate the design for industrialization collaborating with suppliers and manufacturing engineers
- Prepare engineering and manufacturing drawings and support configuration management.
- Prepare and perform engineering changes to released designs, and review changes from other design stakeholders.
The CV and cover letter must be saved, reporting clearly the Job Reference Code of the position.
Important: Only ".pdf, .doc, .docx" formats and maximum 1 MB file size is allowed per file.